Volunteer ushers play an important role in putting on Theatre & Dance Department productions and we are grateful for your time and effort. You will receive free admission to the performance for which you volunteer.
- Arrive promptly one hour before the curtain time, ready for training and to assist with pre-show duties, including preparing the theatre.
- Be dressed in a clean, sharp, and professional manner. When you usher, you are an ambassador for the Theatre & Dance Department. Please wear dress pants, a skirt or dark-wash jeans with a nice top.
- Follow the house manager’s instructions and be a courteous, professional, helpful, and welcoming presence for our patrons.
- Assist the house manager to ensure the safety of our patrons in case of an emergency, and be ready to share and enforce Theatre & Dance policies with our patrons.
- Stay after the performance for approximately 15 minutes to help clean the theatre and check in with the house manager.
In Case of Emergency
In case of an emergency that would keep you from arriving at your committed time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.