Student Legal Services can counsel students on many types of landlord/tenant matters and, in some situations, can be hired to represent students on those matters.

Some of the landlord/tenant issues we can help with include:

  • Apartment repairs
  • Warranty of Habitability
  • Lease review
  • Eviction proceedings
  • Security deposit disputes

Note that we cannot always give advice to or represent students on their landlord/tenant issues. See our limitations on services page for more information.

Off-Campus Housing and Neighborhood Relations also has a part-time attorney on staff who can answer landlord/tenant questions at no cost. We are required to charge modest fees for our services.