Student Legal Services has compiled a list of helpful resources below:

A police report generally comes in the form of notes on the back of the original ticket (if one was issued) or a typed out narrative. Occasionally, a police report consists of both.

To get a police report, contact the law enforcement agency that investigated the case. If a ticket was issued, the name of the police agency will typically either be pre-printed on it or “checked off” from a list of police agencies pre-printed on the ticket. If no ticket was issued and/or the police agency that investigated the case is unknown, call our office and we’ll try to help figure out which agency needs to be contacted.

Please note that the sheriff's office may or may not be the law enforcement agency that investigated the case of a person just because a person was arrested and taken to jail.

Many agencies have an online form that can be filled out and either faxed in or submitted electronically. It’s often also possible to order a police report by calling the agency on a non-emergency line and asking for the Records Department.

To order the report, certain information is needed, such as:

  • Person’s name
  • Person’s date of birth
  • Date and location of the alleged incident
  • Type of alleged incident
  • If a ticket was issued, the ticket number (typically found on the top right-hand corner)

There will likely be a fee for the report, but the cost is often under $10 dollars. Some police agencies will allow payment for the report by credit card, after which they will email it. Others do not have an online payment option and/or will require that the report be mailed or picked up at the station.

Don’t wait until just before an appointment with SLS to order the report because it may not be ready in time. If it isn’t ready in time for the appointment or there is trouble getting the report for some reason, call our office to let us know.

Common agencies for CU Boulder students

CU Boulder Police

Boulder Police

Boulder County Sheriff

In Colorado, when a person is formally arrested, the person’s fingerprints are taken. The fingerprint information is then sent to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to document the arrest. Adult arrest records are generally both publicly available and easily accessed unless the criminal records associated with the fingerprints have been sealed.

To view or get a copy of a public Colorado arrest record, visit the CBI records website. Some personal information about the arrestee and payment of $5 by credit card is required to access the record. If requested on the form, CBI will email the results.

CISC's goal is to support all students in the exploration of all of their identities and to create a welcoming and inclusive space on campus that supports academic and personal growth.

CSI works to cultivate an environment for building vibrant, engaging and safe communities through programming, leadership development, cultural awareness and learning opportunities. The office also serves as banker, bookkeeper, travel agent, purchasing department and event manager for student organizations.

This office offers confidential, on-campus mental health and psychiatric services for a variety of concerns such as academics, anxiety, body image, depression, relationships, substance use and more.

Provides a full range of health and wellness services and is located conveniently on campus.

Click here for information on the programs provided by the CU Student Government with student fees.

Want to register a party, find a place to live for next year, have a lease reviewed or get landlord/tenant questions answered? OCH&NR can help.

Information and reporting options related to claims of discrimination and harassment at CU Boulder based on race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sex, age, disability, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran (military service) status, political affiliation, or political philosophy are available here.

Click here for information on CU Boulder's procedures and processes for administration and enforcement of the Student Conduct and Honor Codes as well as for information on the school's Restorative Justice and Conflict Resolution programs.

The Ombuds office may be able to help those who feel they’ve been treated unfairly on campus or have other campus-related problems.