Published: Nov. 2, 2010

Instructor of Jazz Piano Jeff Jenkins' new album The Healing is now available on iTunes and through CD Baby. According to Jenkins’ album notes:

“We go through life it seems, in a constant changing state of healing and being healed. It is the “stuff” of life. I am always surprised by both states of existence. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the child. The caregiver suddenly needs to be cared for. The student becomes the teacher. The teacher is suddenly in need of guidance.”

“Our well being often depends on how we handle these subtly shifting dynamics. We are who we are, and we are also who we need to be. Every interaction becomes about the act of giving and receiving.”

“This CD is a reflection of an intimate journey through these states of healing. Each of these songs carries its own story of joy and hardship. I have seen people overcome unspeakable pain, only to find happiness again. I’ve seen loss and disappointment, illness and death, divorce, marriage, addiction and recovery, depression and hope. These things are common and yet remarkable.”

“I believe that music has very real healing powers, and I have chosen music for this project with this in mind. I always feel better when I listen to my favorite music, and it is my wish that this CD finds its way into your healing world.”