Request for Transfer of Credit

PhD students can transfer up to 21 credits of graduate level coursework from an MS or an incomplete PhD from another university. An official transcript must be included with the transfer of credit request form; an official transcript includes the official seal of the University. All courses accepted for transfer must be graduate level courses. A course in which a grade of B- or lower was received will not be accepted for transfer.  Credit may not be transferred until the student has completed at least six credits of graduate-level coursework as a degree-seeking student on the CU Boulder campus with a 3.0 GPA.

  • To start the process please review the requirements on the second page on the form linked above. 
  • Fill out the form (page 1) to the best of your ability.
  • Reach out to Alex to complete the process.
  • Note that some restrictions apply: you cannot transfer MS credits at another university to an MS at CU Boulder.