Request for Transfer of Credit

PhD students can transfer up to 21 credits of graduate level coursework from an MS or incomplete PhD from another university. An official transcript must be included with the transfer of credit request form. All courses accepted for transfer must be graduate level courses. A course in which a grade of B- or lower was received will not be accepted. Credit may not be transferred until you have completed at least six credits of graduate-level coursework as a degree-seeking student on the CU Boulder campus with a 3.0 GPA.

  • To start the process please review the requirements on the form linked above. 
  • Fill out the form (page 1) to the best of your ability.
  • Reach out to the graduate program advisor to complete the process.
  • Note that some restrictions apply: you cannot transfer MS credits at another university to an MS at CU Boulder.