These links include all deadlines for the indicated academic semester(s). Paperwork must be submitted to the Graduate School by the indicated deadlines to qualify for the specified graduation date. These deadlines are strict and apply regardless of attendance at the commencement ceremony.
Apply Online to Graduate
Both MS and PhD degree candidates must apply online to graduate by the deadline for the semester in which they intend to graduate. To do this, logon to myCUinfo.colorado.edu. On the Student tab, select the Apply for Graduation link under Other Academic Services (at the bottom of the page). This notifies the Graduate School and your department that you intend to graduate, and it provides necessary information to the Commencement Office for ordering and shipping diplomas. You must apply to graduate online whether or not you plan to attend the ceremony.
MS Graduation Checklist
- Apply to graduate
- Candidacy Application
- Complete to the best of your ability and send to Alex to complete
PhD Graduation Checklist
Complete all of these by the indicated deadlines linked above.
- Review the Graduate School's PhD Checklist
- Schedule Defense
- Update Title of Dissertation through My.CU (as necessary)
- Final Defense Examination report Complete to the best of your ability and return to Alex at least 2 weeks prior to the exam date to complete processing.
- Thesis Approval Form
- Final Copy of Dissertation
- Guidelines and instructions to upload an electronic copy to the Graduate School using ProQuest.
- Final Grade Card - MSE staff (Alex) will complete this for you. Please let her know when you have deposited your thesis.