CU Boulder Career Services empowers students and alumni to become more employable and find meaningful work by being active participants in the career development process. Learn more about general Career Services resources.
- Jobs & Internships for every student
- Personalized feed & custom recommendations for you
- More than 15,000 Employers eager to connect with you!
- Community of students and alumni to help you every step of the way
- One-stop shop for all your career building and Career Services needs
Versatile PhD is an online resource designed to help members of the graduate community who are interested in exploring non-academic career options. All graduate students, postdocs and alumni have free access to premium resources provided through the CU Boulder's subscription to Versatile PhD.
- Read inspiring first-person stories by experienced non-academic PhDs.
- Learn about many non-academic career options and explore them in-depth.
- See authentic examples of résumés and cover letters from PhDs who secured their first jobs away from faculty track.
- Become part of a thriving, supportive online community where you can participate in discussions and network with PhDs outside the academy.
- Attend local meetups to further develop relationships to help get your post-academic career started.
- Take professional development courses specific for PhDs.
Options for Success
Options for Success is a six-module career exploration course that is designed to assist graduate students and postdoctoral scholars in professional development. The course covers topics from identifying viable career paths, understanding the link between their degrees and the professional world, and managing the transition process from university to finding meaningful careers.
Before you can access the Options for Success module, you must first authenticate your CU Boulder credentials through Handshake and setup a free profile on Versatile PhD.