Yonghui Ding, Richard Johnson, Sadhana Sharma, Xiaoyun Ding, Stephanie J. Bryant, and Wei Tan. "Tethering transforming growth factor β1 to soft hydrogels guides vascular smooth muscle commitment from human mesenchymal stem cells." Acta Biomaterialia (2020). (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actbio.2020.01.034)
Michael Miles, Biddut Bhattacharjee, Nakul Sridhar, Apresio Kefin Fajrial, Kerri Ball, Yung Cheng Lee, Michael HB Stowell, William M. Old, and Xiaoyun Ding. "Flattening of Diluted Species Profile via Passive Geometry in a Microfluidic Device." Micromachines 10, no. 12 (2019): 839.
- Fajrial, Apresio Kefin, and Xiaoyun Ding. "Advanced nanostructures for cell membrane poration. Nanotechnology (2019). https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6528/ab096b (PDF)
- Xiaoyun Ding, Martin Stewart, Armon Sharei, James Weaver, Robert Langer, and Klavs Jensen, High-throughput nuclear delivery and rapid expression of DNA via mechanical and electrical cell-membrane disruption. Nature Biomedical Engineering, 1, 0039 (2017) http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41551-017-0039
- Martin P Stewart, Armon Sharei, Xiaoyun Ding, Gaurav Sahay, Robert Langer, Klavs F Jensen, In vitro and ex vivo strategies for intracellular delivery. Nature 538 (7624), 183-192 (2016) http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nature19764
- Xiaoyun Ding, Zhangli Peng, Sz-Chin Steven Lin, Michela Geri, Sixing Li, Peng Li, Yuchao Chen, Ming Dao, Subra Suresh, and Tony Jun Huang, Cell separation using tilted-angle standing surface acoustic waves, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), 111, 12992-12997 (2014). http://dx.doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1413325111
- Highlighted by MIT Home Page 08/26/2014.
- Reported by NSF. Carnegie Mellon News. Daily News. Breast Cancer News Today. Headlines and Global News. The Daily Dot. Medical News Today. Science 2.0. e-Science News. Laboratory Equipment. R&D. Phys Org. Gizmag. Quantum Times. Nanowerk. Science Daily. Daily News. Technobahn. Open Nano. Jersey Tribune. Penn State News etc.
- Sixing Li, Xiaoyun Ding, Zhangming Mao, Yuchao Chen, Nitesh Nama, Feng Guo, Peng Li, Lin Wang, Craig E. Cameron and Tony Jun Huang, Standing surface acoustic wave (SSAW)-based cell washing, Lab on a Chip, 15, 331-338 (2015).https://doi.org/10.1039/C4LC00903G
- Sixing Li, Feng Guo, Yuchao Chen, Xiaoyun Ding, Peng Li, Lin Wang, Craig E Cameron, Tony Jun Huang, Standing Surface Acoustic Wave Based Cell Coculture, Analytical Chemistry, 86, 9853-9859 (2014). https://dx.doi.org/10.1021%2Fac502453z
- Yuchao Chen, Sixing Li, Yeyi Gu, Peng Li, Xiaoyun Ding, Lin Wang, J Philip McCoy, Stewart J Levine, Tony Jun Huang, Continuous enrichment of low-abundance cell samples using standing surface acoustic waves (SSAW), Lab on a Chip, 14, 924-930 (2014). https://dx.doi.org/10.1039%2Fc3lc51001h
- Xiaoyun Ding, Peng Li, Sz-Chin Steven Lin, Zackary S. Stratton, Nitesh Nama, Feng Guo, Daniel Slotcavage, Xiaole Mao, Francesco Costanzo, and Tony Jun Huang, Surface acoustic wave (SAW) microfluidics, Lab on a Chip, 13, 3626-3649 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1039/C3LC50361E
- Chung Yu Chan, Po-Hsun Huang, Feng Guo, Xiaoyun Ding, Vivek Kapur, John D. Mai, Po Ki Yuen, and Tony Jun Huang, Accelerating drug discovery via organs-on-chips, Lab on a Chip, 13, 4697-4710 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1039/C3LC90115G
- Sixing Li, Xiaoyun Ding, Feng Guo, Yuchao Chen, Michael Ian Lapsley, Sz-Chin Steven Lin, and Tony Jun Huang, “Microfluidic Droplet Sorting via Standing Surface Acoustic Wave”, Analytical Chemistry, 85, 5468-5474 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1039/c4lc00903g
- Yuchao Chen, Xiaoyun Ding, Sz-Chin Steven Lin, and Tony Jun Huang, Tunable Nanowire Patterning Using Standing Surface Acoustic Waves (SSAW), ACS Nano, 7, 3306-3314 (2013).
- Xiaoyun Ding, Sz-Chin Steven Lin, Brian Kiraly, Hongjun Yue, Sixing Li, Jinjie Shi, Stephen J. Benkovic, and Tony Jun Huang, On-Chip Manipulation of Single Microparticles, Cells, and Organisms Using Surface Acoustic Waves, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), 109, 11105-11109 (2012).
- Highlighted by Nature Methods (Vivien Marx, “Moved by sound”, Nature Methods 9, 867 (2012)), Lab on a chip, JALA Ten Breakthroughs in innovation 2013, NSF, NIH, and Faculty 1000 .
- Reported by Live Science, Big Ten Science, Lab Spaces, One News Page, gantdaily, MSNBC, R&D, Medical News Today, Nanowerk, Science Daily, Popular Science, Online Journal, Newswise, domain-b, Bio-Medicine, Penn State Live, Penn State Science, Real Clear Science, Sci Tech Update, Phys Org, UPI.com, Softpedia ALN Magazine, SciTechDaily, Futurity, DVICE, Inside Science, etc.
- Xiaoyun Ding, Sz-Chin Steven Lin, Michael Ian Lapsley, Sixing Li, Xiang Guo, Chung Yu Chan, I-Kao Chiang, J. Philip McCoy, and Tony Jun Huang, Standing surface acoustic wave (SSAW) based multichannel cell sorting, Lab on a Chip, 12, 4228–4231 (2012).
- Cover image, The most read articles from Lab on a Chip in September 2012. Highlighted by NSF, Human Health & Science, Quantum Times, Futurity, SIP TRUNKING, DeviceSpace, EurekAlert, UPI, e-Science News, LabSpaces, Health Canal, TG Daily, Gizmag, PhysOrg, Product Design and Development, Science Daily, Laboratory Equipment, Azonano, The Engineer, R&D, Penn State News, etc.)
- Xiaoyun Ding, Jinjie Shi, Sz-Chin Steven Lin, Shahrzad Yazdi, Brian Kiraly, and Tony Jun Huang, Tunable Patterning of Microparticles and Cells using Standing Surface Acoustic Waves, Lab on a Chip, 12, 2491-2497 (2012). (Cover image)
- Yan Jun Liu, Mengqian Lu, Xiaoyun Ding, Eunice S. P. Leong, Sz-Chin Steven Lin, Jinjie Shi, Jing Hua Teng, Lin Wang, Timothy J. Bunning, and Tony Jun Huang, Holographically Formed, Acoustically Switchable Gratings based on Polymer-Dispersed Liquid Crystals, Journal of Laboratory Automation, 18, 291-295 (2012).
- Jiajie Tang, Xiaoyun Ding, Fei Geng, Xiaowei Sun, Le Luo, Wafer-level multilayer integration of RF passives with thick BCB/metal interlayer connection in silicon-based SiP, Microsystem Technologies, 18, 119-126 (2012).
- Yan Jun Liu, Xiaoyun Ding, Sz-Chin Steven Lin, Jinjie Shi, I-Kao Chiang, and Tony Jun Huang, Surface Acoustic Wave Driven Light Shutters Using Polymer-Dispersed Liquid Crystals, Advanced Materials, 23, 1656-1659 (2011). (Cover image)
- Michael Ian Lapsley, I-Kao Chiang, Yue Bing Zheng, Xiaoyun Ding, Xiaole Mao, and Tony Jun Huang, A Single-Layer, Planar, Optofluidic Mach-Zehnder Interferometer for Label-Free Detection, Lab on a Chip, 11, 1795–1800 (2011).
- Jinjie Shi, Shahrzad Yazdi, Sz-Chin Steven Lin, Xiaoyun Ding, I-Kao Chiang, Kendra Sharp, and Tony Jun Huang, Three-Dimensional Continuous Particle Focusing in a Microfluidic Channel via Standing Surface Acoustic Waves (SSAW), Lab on a Chip, 11, 2319-2324 (2011). (Cover image)
- Xiaoyun Ding, Fei Geng, and Le Luo, Process development in metal/BCB multilayer interconnections of MMCM with embedded chip in Si substrate, Microelectronic Engineering, 86 (3), 335-339 (2009).
- Xiaoyun Ding, Fei Geng, and Le Luo, Wideband vertical transitions for multilayer BCB-based MCM, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 51 (6), 1584-1587 (2009).
- Fei Geng, Xiaoyun Ding, Gaowei Xu, and Le Luo, A wafer-scale packaging structure with monolithic microwave integrated circuits and passives embedded in a silicon substrate for multichip modules for radio frequency applications, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 19, 105011 (2009).
- Fei Geng, Xiaoyun Ding, Gaowei Xu ,and Luo Le, A wafer-level 3D packaging structure with Benzocyclobutene as a dielectric for multichip module fabrication, Journal of Semiconductors, 30, 106003 (2009).
Conference Presentations (Since 2017)
- Gazendra Shakya, Samuel Hoff, Shiyi Wang, Hendrik Heinz, Xiaoyun Ding, and Mark Borden, “Tuning vaporization thresholds of endoskeletal perfluorocarbon droplets” IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom, 10/2019. (Oral Presentation)
- Xiaoyun Ding, “Standing Surface Acoustic Wave Enabled Acoustofluidics for Bioparticle Manipulation” 174th meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, New Orleans, LA, USA, 12/2017. (Invited Talk)
- Xiaoyun Ding, Martin Stewart, Robert Langer, and Klavs Jensen, “Reversible Disruption of Nuclear Envelope via Mechanical and Electrical Pulse” 2nd World Congress on Electroporation, Norfolk, VA, USA, 09/2017. (Invited Talk)
- Xiaoyun Ding, Peng Li, Sz-Chin Steven Lin, Zackary S. Stratton, Nitesh Nama, Feng Guo, Daniel Slotcavage, Xiaole Mao, Jinjie Shi, Francesco Costanzo, Thomas Franke, Achim Wixforth, and Tony Jun Huang, “Lab-on-a-chip Technologies Enabled by Surface Acoustic Waves”, in Microscale Acoustofluidics, A. Lenshof, and T. Laurell, Royal Society of Chemistry Publisher, 2014, pp. 354-398.