The College of Engineering and Applied Science accepts nominations for the following awards to recognize outstanding faculty and staff in the college.
Nominations by Students
- Outstanding Advisor Award recognizes a faculty and/or staff advisor who demonstrates exceptional advising skills and who serves as a role model to other advisors.
- John & Mercedes Peebles Innovation in Education Award recognizes a faculty member who has shown a unique commitment to students demonstrated through innovations in education.
- Sullivan-Carlson Innovation in Teaching Award recognizes an instructor who demonstrates initiative and innovation in developing and using hands-on curriculum.
Nominations by Department Chairs or Program Directors
- Charles A. Hutchinson Memorial Teaching Award recognizes a faculty member who has shown consistent dedication to teaching, education, and students.
- Max S. Peters Faculty Service Award recognizes a faculty member for outstanding service to the profession of engineering, the college, the university, and/or the citizens of the state of Colorado.
- College of Engineering Faculty Research Award recognizes a faculty member who has made outstanding contributions to the advancement of knowledge through research activities.
- College of Engineering Outstanding Staff Award recognizes a staff member who has made outstanding contributions that benefit the students, staff and faculty of a CEAS department, program, or the college itself. As many as three staff may be selected for this honor each year.
- Textbook Recognition Award recognizes the achievements of faculty who author or co-author a significant educational textbook.
Award nomination materials are accepted by the associate dean for faculty advancement annually in January.