The Bachelor’s-Accelerated Master’s (BAM) degree program offers currently enrolled CU Boulder undergraduate students the opportunity to receive a bachelor’s and master’s degree in a shorter period of time. Students receive the bachelor’s degree first, but begin taking graduate coursework as undergraduates, typically in their senior year. Because some courses are allowed to double count for both the bachelor’s and the master’s degrees, students therefore receive a master’s degree in less time and at a lower cost than if they were to enroll in a stand-alone master’s degree program after completion of their baccalaureate degree. In addition, staying at CU Boulder to pursue a Bachelor’s-Accelerated Master’s program enables students to continue working with their established faculty mentors.
In order to gain admission by application to the BAM program, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Please submit unofficial transcripts.)
- Have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours of coursework.
- Note: Transfer students must have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours at CU Boulder.
- Names of three references among the applicant's professors in Classics courses whom we have permission to contact.
- Note: This is not a typical graduate application recommendation letter request. We merely wish to ascertain your capability of success at graduate-level coursework.
- Advising session with the Associate Chair of Undergraduate Studies
- Advising session with the Associate Chair of Graduate Studies
Students may take up to and including 12 hours of graduate credit while in the undergraduate program which can later be used toward the master’s degree. However, only 6 credits may be double counted toward the bachelor’s degree and the master’s degree; those 6 credits must be at the graduate level (5000 or above) and may not be used to diminish the language class requirement for either degree. Students must apply to graduate with the bachelor’s degree, and apply to continue with the master’s degree, early in the semester in which the undergraduate requirements will be completed. Please contact the Graduate Program Assistant for the appropriate application form. All credit hours applied toward the graduate degree must be pre-approved by the Associate Chair of Graduate Studies.
If you are interested in the BAM degree program, please contact the Graduate Program Assistant for more information.
For more information about general BAM requirements, the BAM intent form and other resources, visit the Office of the Registrar’s BAM program webpage.