Calling all undergraduate students to submit for the CHA’s Undergraduate Award for Excellence in Art competition. These awards are designed to highlight impressive works of art from any area including but not limited to: visual arts, music, performance, film, dance, theatre, etc.
2023 Theme: 25
The Center for Humanities & the Arts is celebrating its 25th anniversary. We are inviting undergraduate students at CU Boulder to create a work of art (any medium) or engage in a work of humanities (creative or critical writing, history, philosophy, languages) engaging in the theme of “25” and things that are synonymous with the number 25 such as: “silver” (25 is the silver anniversary), one-quarter, 25% -- you get the picture.
1st Place Award: $1000
2nd Place Award: $500
Honorable mentions: $250
Note: the award may be subject to tax
Submission Deadline: Saturday, April 1
- All undergraduate students are invited to submit
- Groups and collaborative teams are encouraged to apply! Note that the award amount will be split between the group participants. All team members must be eligible to apply.
- Works must be completed. Proposals for new work and projects will not be considered.
- Works will be evaluated based on artistic merit and adherence to the theme
- Awarded selections will be featured on the CHA's website. Award recipients agree to provide the CHA with web-ready files.
How to apply
- Fill out the application form
- Upload a brief (1 page or less) description of your work and the process you used for creating the artistic work. Be sure to include the title of your piece.
- Include up to 5 examples of your work or piece: photo documentation from multiple angles, video, etc - if a book or manuscript, it can be a multi-page PDF. Upload one zipped folder or file only. Maximum file size: 10MB. If your file is larger (for example, video) uploaded it to your website, YouTube, Vimeo, etc and share the link with the reviewers.
- Only one entry per participant