The Eaton Graduate Research Awards is a semi-annual competition for graduate students working in the humanities and arts to support conference participation where students present a paper or perform or display their work for those in the arts.
The excellence of the project will be the main criterion for selection.
Domestic: up to $500
International: up to $800
FALL: September 16, 2022.
SPRING/SUMMER: February 1, 2023
- Applicants must be a full-time master's or doctoral level graduate student in good standing
- Applicants applying for summer research awards must be enrolled in coursework the following fall
- Applicants must be participating in conference presenting their own work
- Applicants may not receive more than one grant per academic year
- In an effort to serve graduate students working in arts and humanities at CU Boulder, applicants who have not been previously funded by this award will be prioritized
- Award recipients are responsible to fulfill and request approval to travel according to existing CU policy. For more information, visit CU’s travel page
- If the conference you plan to attend is virtual and no travel is required, please apply. The Eaton award will cover your conference registration fee.
- Within one month of the completion of the grant period, recipients are required to submit a final report summarizing the project and describing the impact on your research.
- Acknowledgment of the Center for Humanities & the Arts (CHA) is required on all promotional/published materials for projects funded by the CHA. Use this language for credit: “This project is supported, in part, by a grant from the Center for Humanities & the Arts”
- Download the Center for Humanities & the Arts logo here.
- Personal Information (name, email, department affiliation, student ID)
- Project Title
- Destination (Conference location)
- Dates of Conference
- Project details: Explain how attending this conference to present your research relates to your dissertation, thesis, or other research or creative work project on which you are currently working
- Budget: include itemized expenses (conference registration fee, air fare, accommodations, shuttle, per diem, etc.)
- A copy of the letter or email confirming acceptance to the conference or showing invitation to participate in a performance or exhibit
- Optional: Letter of support from an advisor or faculty member, submitted with application or sent to email@example.com by the application deadline
Please complete the application form and include the materials requested in the project description and budget to apply for this award.