The Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (ATOC) is excited to offer an undergraduate major starting in fall 2016! This degree will be the first of its kind at the University of Colorado Boulder for students interested in an in-depth understanding of the physical basis for the role of the atmosphere and oceans in Earth’s climate system.
In addition, ATOC offers an undergraduate minor for students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in another academic department.
ATOC also offers many courses approved for the Natural Science requirement of the College of Arts & Sciences Core Curriculum. Please use the links to the right for more details on the ATOC Major and Minor Programs and courses related to the A&S Core.
Undergraduate Research and Funding Opportunities
- University of Colorado Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- American Meteorological Society Scholarships and Fellowships
- American Meteorological Society Education & Careers
- NOAA Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- NCAR College & University Internships
- SMART Scholarship. Science, Mathematics & Research for Transformation
- Naval Research Enterprise Intern Program (NREIP)