Clement Zheng is an industrial designer, researcher and educator. His work spans computational design, making and tangible interaction design. He is passionate about facilitating other designers in their creative processes, especially as they integrate digital fabrication and physical computing to realize their ideas. His advisor is Ellen Do, professor of computer science in the ATLAS Institute.
- Ryo Suzuki, Clement Zheng, Yasuaki Kakehi, Tom Yeh, Ellen Yi-Luen Do, Mark D. Gross, Daniel Leithinger. 2019. ShapeBots: Shape-changing Swarm Robots. In Proceedings of The 32nd Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST'19). To appear (New Orleans, LA — Oct. 20-23, 2019).
- Peter Gyory, Clement Zheng, Daniel Leithinger, and Ellen Yi-Luen Do. 2019. HOT SWAP: Probing Embodied Game Interfaces With Reconfigurable Controllers. In Companion Publication of the 2019 on Designing Interactive Systems Conference 2019 Companion (DIS '19 Companion). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 183-187. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3301019.3323901. (San Diego, CA, USA — June 23 - 28, 2019).
- Clement Zheng, HyunJoo Oh, Laura Devendorf, and Ellen Yi-Luen Do. 2019. Sensing Kirigami. In Proceedings of the 2019 on Designing Interactive Systems Conference (DIS '19). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 921-934. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3322276.3323689 (San Diego, CA, USA — June 23 - 28, 2019). Best Pictorial Award.
- Clement Zheng, Jeeeun Kim, Daniel Leithinger, Mark D Gross, & Ellen Yi-Luen Do. 2019. Mechamagnets: Designing and Fabricating Haptic and Functional Physical Inputs with Embedded Magnets. In Proceedings of Thirteenth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction (TEI’19), p. 325-334 https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3295622
- Jeeeun Kim, Clement Zheng, Haruki Takahashi, Mark Gross, Daniel Ashbrook, and Tom Yeh. 2018. Expanding & Supporting Workflows Towards Compositional 3D Printing. In Proceedings of the 2nd ACM Symposium on Computational Fabrication, (SCF, '18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Article 5, 10 pages. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3213512.3213518 (Cambridge, MA, June 17-19, 2018).
- Clement Zheng. 2018. Unfolding an Industrial Design Approach to Physical Computing. In Proceedings of the 2018 ACM SIGCHI Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction (TEI '18), ACM, New York, NY, USA, 721-723. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3173225.3173344 (Stockholm, Sweden, March 18-21, 2018).
- Clement Zheng and Ellen Yi-Luen Do. 2018. Mechamagnets: Tactile Mechanisms with Embedded Magnets, In Proceedings of the 2018 ACM SIGCHI Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction (TEI '18), ACM, New York, NY, USA, pp. 57-64 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3173225.3173268 (Stockholm, Sweden, March 18-21, 2018).
- James Hallam, Clement Zheng, Noah Posner, Heydn Ericson, Matthew Swarts, Ellen Yi-Luen Do. 2017. The Light Orchard: an immersive display platform for collaborative tangible interaction. In Proceedings of the 2017 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Proceedings of the 2017 ACM International Symposium on Wearable Computers (UbiComp '17). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 245-248. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3123024.3123175 (Maui, Hawaii, Sept. 11-15, 2017).