Students who begin their education at any of Colorado's four-year institutions can transfer to CU Boulder to finish their degree. We encourage interested students to explore our undergraduate opportunities. If you are planning a transfer from a Colorado Community College, please see specific guidelines on community college transfer.
Requirements for Guaranteed Admission
The College of Arts and Sciences guarantees admission to any of its baccalaureate degree programs to students transferring from Colorado public institutions of higher education who meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- 30 semester hours of transferable Colorado community college course work, with a GPA of 2.7 or higher
- A cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher for all college course work, with consistent or improving grades
- Completion of Minimum Academic Preparation Standards (MAPS)
- Completion of admissions application and submission of all required documents by published deadlines
As stated in Regent Law (article 7.C), "The university reserves the right to deny admission or readmission to applicants whose total credentials reflect an inability to assume those obligations of performance and behavior deemed essential by the university and relevant to any of its lawful missions, processes, and functions as an educational institution."
Information related to credit transfer can be found on the College of Arts & Sciences Transfer Credit Evaluation page and on the University of Colorado Boulder's admission page.