To apply for federal education benefits such as the GI Bill®, review VA education benefits programs and determine which benefit you are eligible for based on your military service or transfer of benefits from your parent to you. All students (veterans and veteran dependents) must complete an application with the Department of Veterans Affairs. This application will start the process for you to receive your federal education benefit. 

Once you receive your VA Certificate of Eligibility(CoE) in the mail, you will submit this to the CU Boulder Veteran and Military Affairs. The certification letter from the VA will state what federal education benefits you able to receive.

Students that have used benefits at another institution need to update their school and program to show CU Boulder information. Select: "updating my current education benefits" under "select correct form."

All veterans and veteran dependent students that will be using VA education benefits must apply

Please be sure to submit VA Certificate of Eligibility(CoE) and the Request for Enrollment Certification sheet to:

CU Boulder Veteran and Military Affairs
Center for Academic and Student Engagement (CASE)
Third floor, W322.

You can also email a scanned copy to