Dropping all of your summer classes in a given session—including your only Maymester or Augmester class—is considered a withdrawal. You can withdraw from each session in summer separately, meaning you can, for example, withdraw from a Maymester class but stay enrolled in a Session B class. Be sure to review the Summer Session calendars so you know the withdrawal deadlines for each session.

How to Withdraw

Students can withdraw from summer session(s) by completing an online withdrawal form. For more information about the withdrawal process for degree-seeking students, see the Office of the Registrar website. 

Note: If you received a final grade for a Summer Session class (excluding a W), you cannot withdraw from that session.

If you stop attending classes without officially dropping, you will receive a failing grade and be assessed full tuition and fees. If you plan to drop a class for a session but remain enrolled in other classes in the same session, please review the information in the Add/Drop section.

Withdrawal Penalties and Refunds

Depending on when you withdraw, you may be assessed full tuition and fees for a session and receive W grades (see the Summer Session calendars). Nonattendance does not constitute withdrawal, and you may still be charged for your classes unless you officially withdraw before the posted deadlines. See the Session Calendars for each session's withdrawal deadlines.

If you qualify for a withdrawal refund, it will be directly deposited into your bank account or mailed to you approximately four weeks after you withdraw. You can set up direct deposit through Buff Portal before you leave or update your permanent address to be sure you receive your refund.

Please contact the Office of the Registrar at withdraw@colorado.edu or 303-492-6970 if you have questions about withdrawing from Summer Session.