What Is It?
An official transcript is a comprehensive record of your academic coursework and progress at the University of Colorado that reflects earned degrees as well as credits accepted in transfer or by exam.
An unofficial transcript contains the same information as an official transcript, but:
- Lacks the authenticity features typically required by academic institutions and potential employers
- Includes your academic probation information for advising purposes, if applicable
- Displays your preferred name (an official transcript displays your legal name)
View Your Unofficial Transcript
- Log in to Buff Portal.
- On the unofficial transcript card, select "View unofficial transcript."
- Select your home institution and transcript type (see below for details), then click "View Unofficial Transcript."
Order an Official Transcript
Log in to Buff Portal to check for holds before placing your order. If you have any financial obligations with a CU campus, we won't be able to release your transcript.
If you're unable to use the online ordering system, contact email@example.com for assistance.