Trip & Course Registration Requirements
- You must be a Rec Center Member to participate in any of these offerings. Learn about membership options.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or a full time enrolled student to participate.
- Before you register for any OP program offering, make sure to clarify any questions you have regarding your ability to participate in the activity. Please make sure to read our refund policy and other trip/course requirement information.
- You can register online or in person at the OP info desk (credit card payment only). If you wish to pay by cash or check please go to the cashier desk located at the Recreation Center main entrance to complete your registration.
- The registration deadline for all activities is the Wednesday prior to the pre-trip meeting/course start time unless otherwise stated. Early registration is to your advantage due to the small group size of our activities. All offerings have minimum and maximum numbers for group size.
Trip/Course Cancelations & Refund Policies
The Outdoor Program reserves the right to cancel program offerings due to minimal registrations, inclement weather, or scheduling conflicts.
- The program is conducted on a non-profit basis and can only ensure minimum registration fees with proper student/instructor ratios.
- A full refund will be issued if the Outdoor Program cancels the program offering
- The Outdoor Program assumes no responsibility for notifying participants of trip cancelations or postponements if either no phone number and/or email, or if an incorrect email and/or phone number is in the Rec Center computer system. Please update your information upon registering for a course.
Participant withdrawal refunds:
- All refund deadlines are seven days prior to any pre-trip meeting, scuba or climbing gym course start date unless otherwise noted. No refund will be provided if your request is less than seven days out. Please contact the Outdoor Program regarding questions on participation PRIOR to registering.
- The refund deadlines for incoming student trips and extended break trips is 1 month prior to the first day of the trip.
- If you cancel prior to the stated refund deadline, you are entitled to a partial refund (Program registration fee minus a 20% processing fee).
- If you cancel after the refund deadline, no refunds are given.
- This refund policy still applies for emergency situations and for illness.
In order to request/obtain a refund you will need to complete the following process:
- Fill out an OP refund request form which are located at the OP service desk.
- If request is accepted you will be notified to pick up your request form from the OP desk.
- You will need to pick up your signed and completed request form and have it processed at the guest services desk located in the lobby of the main entrance to the Rec Center.
Approved refunds are only valid for 90 days after trip/course date. After the 90 day period all fees will be forfeited.
Transfers are only possible in certain circumstances and before the refund deadline. For all transfers, contact the Outdoor Program office.
Climbing Pass Refund and Transfer Policy
- Refunds are not permissible and Passes are Non-Transferable for any of the Climbing Gym Passes. Please make sure to understand pass limitations prior to purchase.
Equipment Rental Refund
- Refunds or credit will not be issued for unused or early returned rental equipment.
- Approved Refunds are only valid for 90 days after rental date. After the 90 day period all fees will be forfeited.
- It is the renters responsibility to ask for instruction on how to use the equipment prior to leaving the rental center.