The University of Colorado offers our graduates and post-docs numerous opportunities to develop their professional skills and prepare for life after college.
- CU-Prime - CU-Prime is a student-driven effort led by grad and undergrad students in the Physics Department at the University of Colorado Boulder. Our goal is to increase inclusion in Physics/STEM fields, especially among traditionally underrepresented groups, through mentorship and community building.
- Preparing Future Physicists Program (PFP) - Designed to augment traditional grad and postdoctoral student preparation, the PFP Program provides training for physics graduates in useful career skills such as conducting a job search and writing grant proposals.
- University of Colorado Graduate Teacher Program - The Graduate Teacher Program works with departments across campus to provide training in college teaching and professional development for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who are pursuing both academic and non-academic positions. The program sponsors several workshops and conferences.
- United Government of Graduate Students (UGGS) - As the primary advocacy group for graduate and professional students on the CU-Boulder Campus, UGGS serves as a student governing body that establishes policies and represents graduate students in various capacities. UGGS also sponsors student grants to help fund travel, as well as student group expenses.
- Career Services - The University of Colorado Career Services (a Division of Student Affairs) connects students and alumni to employers worldwide. Career Services is an excellent resource for job training and for finding available opportunities.
- Postdoctoral Association of Colorado (PAC) - As the resident association for postdoctoral students on the CU Boulder campus, the PAC offers professional development resources, information about available postdoctoral fellowships, as well as opportunities to interact and engage fellow postdocs.
- Forever Buffs - As an initiative of the CU Alumni Association, the Forever Buffs program is designed to engage students and alumni in every step of their lives. Forever Buffs provides professional development resources, a job opportunity directory, as well as the chance to network with fellow CU Alums and students.