We have put together resources and information for supporting colleagues, teams and each other after incidences of mass violence, large disasters, loss, and other traumatic events. Please take care of yourself, connect with community and reach out for support.
Welcome to the Office of Victim Assistance (OVA)
Traumatic events happen every day in all communities and CU's community is not exempt. The impact of this can vary from person to person. OVA strives to mitigate the impact of traumatic experiences by increasing access and awareness to empower the people we serve in making informed decision. We do this by providing free and confidential trauma-focused services.
OVA provides free and confidential support, consultation, advocacy and short-term trauma-focused counseling services to University of Colorado Boulder students, graduate students, faculty and staff who have experienced a traumatic, disturbing or life disruptive event. We are also a resource for witnesses and secondary survivors. OVA is not the office that investigates or adjudicates cases.
- If you have questions about OVA services, please call 303-492-8855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to meet with a confidential OVA Advocate Counselor you have TWO options:
- 1. PLEASE CALL 303-492-8855 to schedule an in-person^ or telehealth appointment OR
- 2. Dropping into our office without an appointment is available Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays between 12:30pm and 3pm in C4C Room N450
- ^Note: masks are currently optional for in-person service. If feeling sick please stay home and call so we can reschedule and/or convert appointment to telehealth for those in Colorado.
- If it is after-hours, nights and weekend and campus holidays, 24/7 support information available here.
- For more details on confidentiality please visit the About OVA's page, confidentiality section