With multiple devastating acts of violence occurring across the country this may be a challenging time for many in our campus community. We have put together resources and information for supporting colleagues, teams and each other after incidences of mass violence, large disasters or other traumatic events. Please take care of yourself, connect with community and reach out for support.
Welcome to the Office of Victim Assistance (OVA)
Traumatic events happen every day in all communities and CU's community is not exempt. Impact can vary and OVA strives to mitigate the impact of traumatic experiences by decreasing barriers and empowering victims/survivors in making informed decisions by providing free and confidential trauma informed services.
OVA provides free and confidential information, consultation, support, advocacy and short term counseling services to University of Colorado Boulder students, graduate students, faculty and staff who have experienced a traumatic, disturbing or life disruptive event. OVA is not the office that investigates or adjudicates cases.
- If you have questions about OVA services, please call 303-492-8855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to meet with an OVA Advocate Counselor:
- PLEASE CALL 303-492-8855 to schedule an appointment
- Dropping into our office without an appointment is on hold for summer as our C4C Room N450 undergoes a remodel-call for our temporary location
- We have both virtual/telehealth and limited in-person services^.
- ^Note: masks are currently optional for in-person service. If feeling sick please stay home and call so we can reschedule and/or convert appointment to telehealth for those in Colorado.
- If it is after-hours, nights and weekend and campus holidays, 24/7 support information available here.
- For more details on confidentiality please visit the About OVA's page, confidentiality section