OIEC offers a variety of support measures to ensure a safe and nondiscriminatory environment and to reduce disruptions to daily life. We coordinate with offices across campus to help individuals remain in school or at work. OIEC balances the various needs of all involved parties. This includes providing resources for individuals who have experienced behavior prohibited under applicable policies (complainant) and those accused of prohibited conduct (respondent).
OIEC provides assistance and information about resolution options through OIEC and/or other offices on- or off-campus, and makes referrals when a situation falls outside of OIEC’s jurisdiction.
Support & Safety Measures
In response to a report, OIEC determines what immediate and long-term support and safety measures are needed in order to minimize disruptions to education or employment and to help keep the involved parties and the campus safe.
This can include:
- Assistance with accessing counseling, medical, or legal services
- Assistance with accessing visa and immigration services
- Modifications to work or class schedules
- Assistance with university financial or registration processes
- Assistance with dropping classes or withdrawing from school
- Changes in campus housing locations
- Assistance with terminating a campus housing contract
- Parking and transportation changes
- Restrictions on contact between parties
- Modifications to campus activities
- Excluding individuals from campus
- Putting an employee on administrative leave
- Interim suspension of a student