Report Misconduct

The purpose of reporting is to ensure safety and prevent further harm, offer support resources, understand the scope of the problem, and explore resolution options. Even if an individual chooses not to move forward or participate in a grievance process or investigation (through OIEC or law enforcement), they can contact OIEC for information and assistance in accessing support measures such as changes to academic, living, transportation, and working situations. 

If an individual discloses alleged misconduct to a CU employee who is a mandatory reporter or what is called a “responsible employee” (any employee who has the authority to hire, promote, discipline, evaluate, grade, formally advise, or direct faculty, staff, or students), these individuals are required to inform OIEC. While a responsible employee is required to report on behalf of others, they can decide whether to report behavior that they personally experience. Learn more about who is required to report.

View the OIEC Resolution Procedures

Any individual who encounters a barrier to equally enjoying, using, or attending a university program, service, or activity due to a disability, are asked to share their concerns with ADA Compliance. Visit the accessibility assistance page for more information and to make a report.

The Equal Pay for Equal Work Act effective January 1, 2021, protects employees against pay discrimination based on sex (including gender identity) – alone or in combination with another protected class – for substantially similar work in terms of skill, effort, and responsibility, regardless of job title.

Anyone who believes they or others have been unlawfully discriminated against based on compensation can report to OIEC. Supervisors and other responsible employees are required to report any discrimination they are made aware of.

For more information about the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, answers to frequently asked questions, and general inquiries about compensation practices, please refer to the CU Boulder HR webpage, the Office of Faculty Affairs for faculty salary and equity processes, or the CU System Administration website.