• The Bursar’s office handles all aspects of billing associated with  your CU program. It has professionals ready to help CU students understand tax information, break down itemized tuition and fees for in-state and out-of-state individuals, learn how to set up automatic billing, learn how to select or waive health insurance, understand how to grant permission or consent for various tasks, how to activate Identikeys and authorize payers and more. 

  • Financial Aid

  • See Student Employment or see Career Services. Part of your fees every semester pay for this service. Use it!

  • Located in the Regent Administration Building, Scholarship Services can help you navigate scholarships that students are automatically considered for, the CU Boulder Scholarship application, scholarships you have to apply for and other opportunities through specific schools and departments. 

  • University’s Honor Code
  • Honors: Department vs. University
    There are two types of “Honors” that students may pursue in the College of Arts and Sciences: The first is taking Honors courses offered through the Honors Program. These courses are available to students who meet the 3.3 GPA requirement; there is no formal application process for the Honors Program. In an Honors Program class, one can expect to have more discussion, write more papers, have more influence on the syllabus and reading list, do more research and be counted upon by the class for input.

    Pursuing Departmental Honors often requires completing a departmental honors course(s) in one’s senior year, writing and defending an honors thesis, and meeting certain GPA and other requirements set by the department. There are three grades of honors: cum laudemagna cum laude and summa cum laude. Honors are awarded by the University Honors Council on the basis of overall academic record, performance in the writing of an honors thesis and performance in an oral exam.

  • Research
    To learn about the research going on in a specific department, visit the department’s CU homepage, or ask your academic advisor about research opportunities in your department. Typically, if research is available in a given department, there will be a research tab or a link to a video about research opportunities on their webpage. 

    When you find a faculty member and/or lab whose work sounds interesting to you, contact the appropriate person and ask if there’s any way you could help with the research they’re doing. Make sure you meet any stated requirements (some labs require that you have earned a certain number of credit hours). Be aware that you are unlikely to get paid as a research assistant; most students do the work for Independent Study credit (and, of course, for the experience).

    E-mail is always an unobtrusive way to make a first contact, but faculty members are busy and receive a lot of e-mail. Visiting a professor in person during his/her office hours will make a stronger impression.

    Regardless of how you make that first contact, be sure to do your homework first: take advantage of whatever is posted online to learn all you can about the work being done in the lab.

  • Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program


  • The Cultural Unity & Engagement Center provides support and resources that promote academic, personal, and professional success for all students.
  • Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) offers a variety of services to meet the needs of students and those who might be concerned about students, including staff, faculty, and parents.
  • CU NightRide is a student-operated program dedicated to meeting the safety needs of CU students, faculty, and staff by providing night-time transportation to support a safe academic and socially responsible environment both on campus and in the community. CU NightRide is free for CU students, faculty, and staff.
  • The Gender and Sexuality Center helps gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and allied (GLBTQIA) students, staff, and faculty at the University of Colorado Boulder.
  • The Office of Victim Assistance offers free confidential information, counseling, advocacy and support to all University of Colorado Boulder students, staff, faculty and their significant others.
  • The Ombud's Office is a confidential, impartial, informal and independent problem-solving and conflict resolution resource for all members of the University community.
  • Office of Veteran Services
  • Wardenburg Health Services
  • Using gender equity as a framework, the Women's Resource Center provides educational and community building opportunities, resources, and referrals, and a gathering space for women-identified students and their allies.