The McNeill Academic Program is a comprehensive program offering a range of components that weave together to support students in reaching their academic goals.
Through each program component, McNeill students will experience:
- faculty and staff will get to know students on a individual level
- faculty and staff hold students to a high academic standard, and support students in reaching the expectation
- value of a diverse community
We expect students to be engaged in their learning. This includes being open to learning new ways of approaching academics.
Program requirements have been adjusted for the Fall 2020 semester as McNeill is operating remotely. Requirements include:
- Meet with McNeill Coordinator (minimum twice per semester) - Schedule two meetings with your McNeill Coordinator each semester to develop and discuss your academic and career success plan, and to assess your progress toward meeting your goals.
- Participate in the McNeill Academic Program events:
- Enroll in appropriate McNeill writing, math, and chemistry courses and co-seminars. First year students usually enroll in one McNeill course per semester and often take math, writing, and/or science, depending on their area of study.
- Meet with McNeill Peer Mentor (minimum twice per semester)
- Take advantage of campus resources and seek out opportunities that will enhance your CU experience and help you successfully reach your goals.
McNeill provides innovative instruction. We offer small classroom experience that are student centered and that incorporates inclusive teaching and collaborative learning practices. We also offer supplemental instruction in STEM, Business and Social Sciences.
- Computer Lab
- Study Groups
- Power Hours - Academic and professional development workshops
- Events - Halloween, Day of the Dead and Pi Day just to name a few!
- Academic Coordinators are assigned to all McNeill Students
- Peer Mentors are assigned to all incoming freshmen
- Upper classmen are encouraged to become Peer Mentors
- Instructional Assistants
- Student Advisory Board