UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH AT CU BOULDER
- Experimental Mathematics Lab: A student and faculty community for experimental mathematical research and outreach. For information, contact Professor Kate Stange.
- Summer Internal Math REU: Internal research experience for undergraduates (REU) during the summer months, typically, between their junior and senior years; paid a stipend to work on a research project. Topics vary annually and range from applied to theoretical in flavor. For information, contact Professor Nat Thiem
- College of Arts and Science Honors Program: Current/continuing students with a 3.3+ GPA can self-enroll in honors courses, and begin working on an department honors thesis project in the junior year and defend their thesis in the senior year to be graduate with Latin honors: cum laude, magna cum laude, or summa cum laude. For information, contact Professor Nat Thiem
- Independent Study (MATH 4900): Can get between 1 to 3 hours CU credit. See academic advisor for paperwork.
- Undergraduate Research FAQ. For information, contact Dr. Divya Vernerey
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH AT EXTERNAL INSTITUTIONS
(Applications are highly competitive)
- Summer External Math REU: Run by the National Science Foundation for undergraduates; students travel to another national institution to be paid to do research.
- Research Experience for Undergraduates Summer Programs (AMS): Hosted by the American Mathematical Society; students travel to another national institution to be paid to do research.
- Mathematics Advanced Study Semesters: Hosted by Penn State; held during the Fall semester of each year.
- Budapest Semesters in Mathematics