CU Boulder undergraduates who have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher are eligible to take Honors Program courses. Our courses are not required, which means that students who take Honors Program courses are choosing to work at an honors level.
Why take Honors Program courses?
- Our courses are limited to 17 students, so every student is important to the class.
- Compared to large lecture courses, our courses give students time and space for in-depth discussion.
- Students in our courses undertake more individual research, often on topics of personal interest.
- Many Honors Program courses fulfill educational requirements in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Taking our courses prepares students for future intellectual pursuits, including honors thesis research.