Who can take Honors Program courses?
CU Boulder incoming honors-qualified first-year and transfer students, and continuing undergraduates who have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher, are eligible to take one Honors Program course per semester. We do not require students to be enrolled full time; part-time students are also eligible to enroll in our courses. There is no extra cost to take an honors version of a course. Our courses are not required, which means that students who take Honors Program courses are choosing to work at an honors level.
Why take Honors Program courses?
- Our courses are limited to 17 students, so every student is important to the class.
- Compared to large lecture courses, our courses give students time and space for in-depth discussion.
- Students in our courses undertake more individual research, often on topics of personal interest.
- Many Honors Program courses fulfill educational requirements in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Taking our courses prepares students for future intellectual pursuits, including honors thesis research.
Check out our list of courses to see detailed descriptions from the professors: