The BioCore's purpose is to connect MCDB, EBIO, and IPHY researchers to campus research resources. However, inquiries about resources from other departments are welcome.
In addition to connecting researchers to campus resources, the BioCore manages two shared laboratories in the MCDB and EBIO departments, as well as a collection of equipment throughout Porter, Gold and Ramaley buildings. These shared labs and instruments have restricted access, and MCDB, EBIO and IPHY researchers always have priority. However, under certain circumstances non-MCDB, EBIO and IPHY researchers can be granted access. Training is required for use of BioCore equipment.
Contact the BioCore Manager to utlize these services
- Equipment Donation, Disposal and Surplus – Whether it works or not, contact us to use this service to be rid of any scientific equipment. Primarily for MCDB, EBIO, and IPHY departments, but useful instruments from other departments are welcome.
- New Faculty – Supplying laboratory equipment to new faculty, reducing the time it takes to get your research underway, and reducing the need to waste your startup funds. Contact us with a list of what you need.
- Graduate students – The BioCore shared equipment drastically expands the type of research you can perform, no longer limiting you to the lab of your PI.
- Equipment availability – With a list of nearly 4,000 pieces of equipment within MCDB, EBIO, and IPHY, just ask us and I'm sure the instrument you need exists for you to use.
- Cost Sharing – We facilitate cost sharing agreements of new equipment and maintenance. Can't afford that shiny new equipment, maybe with a little help you can.
- Free Up Lab Space – Removing underutilized or broken equipment and moving it to either a shared space or set up for surplus. All that equipment you haven't used in years may be useful to someone else. Free up your lab space!