All visiting international scholars, regardless of the immigration arrangements that are made for them, must have official University appointments to indicate that they have an academic relationship to the University.

For those scholars who are not paid by the University, appointments such as Visiting Researcher without stipend are usually appropriate.

Any scholar who is on the payroll of the University should consult with his or her department for an appropriate identity card.  

Scholars who are not on University payroll can get "Affiliate" identification cards from the Buff One Card Office