International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) provides support to the University of Colorado Boulder's international students and scholars who are seeking educational and professional opportunities in the United States. ISSS collaborates with university departments, liaises with international partners, and communicates with U.S. federal agencies to advise, support, engage, and advocate for our international community.
In providing holistic support for international students and scholars on the CU Boulder campus, International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) will strive to embrace the following principles:
- Guide international students and scholars through the intricacies of U.S. immigration processes
- Connect the international community with campus resources to encourage wellbeing as well as academic and professional success
- Be valued and trusted for the integrity and pride we take in our work
- Strive to be a model for other ISSS offices in the U.S.
- Dedicate ourselves to diversifying the higher education environment
- Serve as cultural liaisons, facilitating cultural adjustment via engagement and the exchange of ideas
- Provide services that encourage the university community to confidently and independently pursue their academic and professional goals
ISSS offers holistic advising services for international students and scholars and their dependents including:
- Comprehensive advising
- Assistance with adjustment to life at the university and in the U.S.
- Preparation of immigration benefit documents
- Facilitation of access to campus and community resources
Engagement & Programing
ISSS offers a variety of programs, events, and workshops for international, campus, and community audiences that seek to engage participants and cultivate knowledge, belonging, success, adjustment, and community.