Joining the IPHY Club
Joining the IPHY Club is an effective way to make connections with fellow students and IPHY faculty. The mission of the IPHY Club is "to connect students and professionals outside of the classroom, and to enrich the overall experience of majoring in integrative physiology". If you are interested in joining, please contact faculty advisor Heidi Bustamante (firstname.lastname@example.org). The IPHY Club is run by an Executive Student Board, and any IPHY student can apply for a board position. You will find the application below on this page. Please email the application to Heidi Bustamante.
Here are some benefits of joining the IPHY Club:
- Students will have a chance to socialize with departmental faculty, the board members, and other IPHY upper classmen and learn useful information.
- Students can attend informational talks by fellow students or faculty members. For example, the Colorado University Emergency Medical Services coordinator, who is an IPHY upper classman and paramedic, gave a talk about how to become an EMT or paramedic while remaining a successful undergraduate student.
- Students can attend career talks from professionals outside the classroom. Examples of past career talks include requirements and admissions for pharmacy schools, careers in the chiropractic field, and research as a laboratory scientist etc.
- The IPHY Club often hosts reviews for the Anatomy Practical. At these reviews, anatomical models of various body organs are usually available.
- Although the IPHY Club's tutoring program has temporarily been suspended, we look forward to reopening this free service in the future when we have sufficient volunteers. This volunteer experience can help you to build a strong resume.
If you are interested in serving as an officer on the new IPHY student group, please see the following links.
- IPHY Student Group Positions (PDF)
- Application for Student Group Positions (PDF)
- Application for Student Group Positions (Word)
Other Campus Groups of Interest
The following student organizations on the CU-Boulder campus also provide volunteering and networking opportunities and other support for some of the career paths that are popular among IPHY majors. Also see the article Get Involved with these Health Professions Student Groups posted by Career Services in Nov. 2017. Note: In cases where the CU student group is inactive at this time, a national or other local link is given instead.
- Alpha Epsilon Delta: National Health Preprofessional Honor Society
- American Medical Student Association
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- American Cancer Society, Colorado branch
- Foundation for the International Medical Relief for Children (FIMRC)
- Global Brigades - Dental
- Global Brigades - Medical
- Global Brigades - Public Health
- Nine News Health Fair
- Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS)
- Operation Smile
- Pre-Student Osteopathic Medical Association
- Shot At Life
- Student Association of Pre-Health Professionals (SAPP)
- Student Global AIDS Campaign
- Timmy Global Health
- University of Colorado Emergency Medical Services
Other Useful Links
Here are some other ways you can enhance your experience as an IPHY major with more active engagement:
- Stay in touch with IPHY happenings on our Facebook page.
- Watch for new internship and employment opportunities and tutoring opportunities.
- Enrich your IPHY coursework experience with research, teaching, volunteering, or independent study.