Department: Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
Education: B.S., Pennsylvania State University (2007); M.S., Pennsylvania State University (2009); Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University (2013)
Teaching: CVEN 4333 Engineering Hydrology, CVEN 5423 Water Resources Engineering, CVEN 5393 Water Resource Systems and Management
Research: water resources planning and management, hydrologic modeling, multi-objective decision support, systems analysis, coupled natural-human systems
Office: SEEC C244
Honors and Distinctions:
- Associate Editor, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management
- Early Career Research Excellence Award of the International Environmental Modelling and Software Society (iEMSs), 2016
- University Council on Water Resources (UCOWR) Ph.D. Dissertation Award in Natural Science and Engineering, 2014.
- Quentin Martin Best Practice-Oriented Paper, ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, for Fu et al. (2013) “Optimal Design of Water Distribution Systems Using Many-Objective Visual Analytics”
- Received reviewing awards for Environmental Modelling and Software (2014); Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management (2011, 2014); Water Resources Research (2014)
- Student Presentation Award, International Environmental Modelling and Software Society Meeting, July 2012
- US Environmental Protection Agency Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Graduate Fellowship, 2010-2013
- Member, Chi Epsilon Civil Engineering Honor Society
** denotes work done in collaboration with graduate students
* denotes work done in collaboration with undergraduate students
- **DeRousseau, MA, JR Kasprzyk, WV Srubar III. 2018. “Computational Design Optimization of Concrete Mixtures: A Review” Cement and Concrete Research. vol 109: 42-53.
- Rosenberg, DE, M Babbar-Sebens, E Root, JD Herman, A Mirchi, M Giacomoni, JR Kasprzyk, K Madani, D Ford, L Basdekas. “Towards More Integrated Formal Education and Practice in Water Resources Systems Analysis” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. vol 143(12): 02517001.
- **Clarkin, TJ, **W Raseman, JR Kasprzyk, JD Herman. 2018. "Diagnostic Assessment of Preference Constraints for Simulation Optimization in Water Resources" Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. vol 144, no 8.
- **Smith, R, JR Kasprzyk, L Basdekas. 2018. "Experimenting with Water Supply Planning Objectives Using the Eldorado Utility Planning Model Multireservoir Testbed" Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. vol 144, no 8.
- **Smith, R, JR Kasprzyk, L Dilling. 2017. “Participatory Framework for Assessment and Improvement of Tools (ParFAIT): Increasing the impact and relevance of water management decision support research” Environmental Modelling and Software. vol 95: 432-446.
- **Watson, AA, JR Kasprzyk. 2017. “Incorporating deeply uncertain factors into the many objective search process” Environmental Modelling and Software. vol 89: 159-171.
- **Stewart, JR, B Livneh, JR Kasprzyk, B Rajagopalan, JT Minear, **WJ Raseman. 2017. “A multi-algorithm approach to land surface modeling of suspended sediment in the Colorado Front Range” Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems. vol 9, no 7: 2526-2644.
- **Raseman, WJ, JR Kasprzyk, FL Rosario-Ortiz, **J Stewart, B Livneh. 2016. “A critical review of decision support systems for water treatment: Making the case for incorporating climate change and climate extremes” Environmental Science: Water Research and Technology. vol 3: 18-36.
- **Piscopo AN, RM Neupauer, JR Kasprzyk. 2016. "Optimal design of active spreading systems to remediate sorbing groundwater contaminants in situ." Journal of Contaminant Hydrology vol 190: 29-43 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jconhyd.2016.03.005.
- **Matrosov, E, **I Huskova, JR Kasprzyk, JJ Harou, C Lambert, PM Reed. 2015. “Many-Objective Optimization and Visual Analytics Reveal Key Trade-offs for London’s Water Supply” Journal of Hydrology, vol 531, part 3: 1040-1053. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2015.11.003.