The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate Office of University Programs sponsors the Professional Opportunities for Student Workforce to Experience Research (HS-POWER) Program for undergraduate and graduate students. HS-POWER is open to students majoring in a broad spectrum of homeland security related science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines as well as DHS mission-relevant research areas. As a participant in the HS-POWER Program, you will participate in quality research experiences at federal research facilities and other HS-STEM focused entities nationwide. This experience will provide you a competitive edge as you apply your education, talent and skills in a variety of settings within the DHS enterprise. You will also be able to establish connections with DHS professionals that promote long-term relationships between yourself, researchers, DHS personnel and research facilities.
- Are you a student looking for a professional opportunity to enhance your research interests and career goals in homeland security related areas?
- Do you want to learn from top scientists and subject matter experts in homeland security related areas?
- Do you want to network with your peers and members of the academic and scientific communities in business, industry, and government research facilities conducting research in DHS relevant areas?
- Stipend: Undergraduate students receive of $600 per week and graduate students will receive $700 per week.
- Travel: Travel reimbursement for inbound and outbound expenses up to $1,000 for participants who live more than fifty miles, one-way, from the assigned hosting site.
- Housing Allowance: A housing allowance of $200/week is provided to participants who live more than fifty miles, one-way, from their assigned hosting facility and are paying for housing while on site.
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen Only
- Degree: Currently pursuing an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, or Doctoral Degree.
- Overall GPA: 3.00
- Age: Must be 18 years old by 5/1/2020
- Veteran Status: Veterans Preference, degree received within the last 120 month(s).