The Colorado Section of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration Inc. (SME) is accepting applications from undergraduate and graduate students for the 2019-2020 academic year. Students who currently work in or intend to enter the mining, metallurgy, and exploration industries are encouraged to apply. Applications are due Friday, March 15.
Applicant requirements include:
- Mining, metallurgy, and exploration industry focused degree program (e.g. mining engineering, civil/environmental engineering, metallurgy, economic geology, geology, geochemistry, hydrogeology).
- Good communication skills demonstrated through the application process.
- Professional or Student membership with SME (www.smenet.org) – Student Chapter and Colorado Section membership is encouraged but not required.
- Online application submission including a copy of the current unofficial academic transcript.
- Undergraduate Students:
- Junior or Senior status for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75.
- Graduate Students:
- Admitted to MS, ME, or PhD graduate degree program for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Minimum graduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 for current graduate students.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 for incoming graduate students.
Please us the appropriate link below to apply for either the undergraduate or graduate scholarship.