The CHA offers two dissertation fellowships open to any CU Boulder PhD candidate working in the humanities and arts, campus-wide. The fellowship covers tuition for up to 5 dissertation hours per semester, mandatory student fees, student health insurance, and a stipend equal to that of a 50% Graduate Part-Time Instructor. Recipients may not hold another appointment such as a teaching or research assistantship during the fellowship period but may hold a 0% appointment such as a grader or reader.
Deadline: Monday, January 10, 2022 at 5pm MT
1. The quality of the applicant's research project
2. The quality of the applicant’s CV (presentations, publications, awards, creative work, etc.)
3. Probability of completing the dissertation within the award period (the higher, the better)
4. Other teaching-free fellowships the applicant has already received (the fewer, the better)
1.Cover Letter ( Please indicate which degree program you are currently in, note where you are in your program requirements, and why this fellowship would be timely.)
3. A copy of CU Boulder transcript (official or unofficial)
4. Proof of admission to Ph.D. candidacy (e.g. letter of admission to candidacy)
5. A synopsis of the dissertation (750 words maximum)
6. A timeline of the dissertation completion (one page)
7. Information concerning the following:
Other research grants (internal or external) to which the applicant has applied and all other forms of financial support you have received since you have become ABD—specifically any internal and external fellowships you received or will be expected to receive to aid you in your dissertation writing and research
8. Letter of support including an evaluation statement of the dissertation and the likelihood it will be completed within the fellowship period. This should be written by a dissertation advisor or another member of the dissertation committee and be submitted directly by its author to email@example.com. (750 words maximum)
- Recipients will be asked to submit a letter notifying the CHA upon completion of their dissertation. In addition, by May 1, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a 300-600 word summary (double spaced, 12 point font) of how the fellowship year aided in furthering your dissertation research. We’d like to know the impact of the award on your research and possibly include quotations on our website or other CHA materials. If you do not want this information shared with anyone outside of the CHA, please indicate that this information is for CHA eyes only.
- Acknowledgment of the Center for Humanities & the Arts (CHA) is required on all promotional/published materials for projects funded by the CHA. Use this language for credit: “This project is supported, in part, by a grant from the Center for Humanities & the Arts”
- Download the Center for Humanities & the Arts logo here.