Call for Proposals
Faculty Fellows: 2020–2021
The Center for Humanities and the Arts (CHA) invites all Assistant, Associate, and Professors in the Humanities and the Arts on the Boulder campus to apply to become a CHA Faculty Fellow during the 2020–2021 academic year. Fellowships consist of a two-course teaching reduction, either taken in one semester or spread over the academic year. The selection committee will consider the intellectual merit of the project, the overall excellence of the applicant’s academic record, and the timeliness of the project in the applicant’s career. The selection committee consists of three senior humanists/artists unaffiliated with CU-Boulder.
Please complete items 1-5 below. Send items 1-4 as one pdf file to Sharon Van Boven or submit hard copy in Macky Auditorium, Room 201.
- A cover letter indicating your course release preference, making sure to include which semester/s
- A one-paragraph description of your research project and its state of completion
- A maximum five page (1.5 or double-spaced) detailed description of your research project. The applications will be read by scholars from a variety of humanistic disciplines and should be written with non-specialists in mind
- A curriculum vitae of no more than 4 pages
- Two letters of support. One from the department Chair (a brief paragraph stating support of the project, its timing, and noting approval of the two-course release), and one from a scholar in your field (preferably external). These should be emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 12:00 noon, Friday, October 25, 2019
By May 31, 2021, Fellows must submit a final report on research completed and plans for publication. During the academic year, Fellows will be invited to CHA-sponsored events.
Note: CHA follows Faculty Affairs guidelines for sabbaticals: A faculty member who was previously awarded a CHA Faculty Fellowship shall become eligible after six years of the award (i.e., in the seventh year).