CHA’s MFA Excellence in Research Micro Grants are designed to support CU Boulder MFA students in the following degree programs:
AAH – MFA in Art Practices
CMCI – MFA in Interdisciplinary Documentary Media Practices
ENGL – MFA in Creative Writing
THDN – MFA in Dance
- While proposals do not need to be tied to theses projects, priority will be given to projects that enable students to work on and complete their capstone projects.
- You may submit an application at any time during your MFA career but projects need to be funded during the current academic year. If you're applying for funding to support work in the upcoming academic year, please hold off until next year to apply.
- We are intentionally keeping the language open to support the varying needs of CU Boulder’s MFA students. If you have questions, please ask! Our hope is support expenses that your department cannot internally fund in full.
- Retroactive purchases from this academic year are OK to submit.
- Students are limited to one award per AY.
- A detailed budget and advisor approval are required. Awards typically range from $250-$500, max award is $1,000
Suggestions include (but are not limited to): materials, equipment or other pre/post-production purchases, facility rental fees, virtual conference/course/residency registration fees (if you are applying to a conference where you are presenting your own work, please apply for the Eaton Travel Grant instead), honoraria for dancers, composers, directors, choreographers, etc. that cannot otherwise be covered by your department, etc. You get the idea!
Fall Deadline: November 18, 2020
Spring Deadline: March 1, 2021
Questions? Email Sharon.email@example.com