Homestays are available for the Short-term Language + Culture Program and Special Programs only. It is the responsibility of the IEC to match students with their homestay families.
Homestay Family Details
- Homestay families are located in Boulder and in the cities surrounding Boulder.
- All homes are located on convenient bus lines to the IEC.
- Homestay families are carefully vetted and have passed background checks.
- Homestay families provide a safe and nurturing environment and will assist the student’s adaptation to family and life in the U.S.
- Most host families sign up because they are interested in learning about different cultures from around the world or they have lived/studied in different countries. Students are fully integrated into the host family as much as possible.
- Homestay families provide breakfast and dinner for their students. Meals are nutritional and well-balanced. Dietary restrictions (allergies, vegetarian/vegan, and religious diets) are accommodated.
- Students have a private bedroom with natural sunlight, access to wifi, a desk, a chair, a dresser, a closet, and a bed. There is also adequate storage space for clothes and personal belongings.
- Students have reasonable use of the house and amenities: blankets, linens, towels, and access to laundry facilities.