The IEC has limited on-campus housing options available on a first come, first served basis for students 18 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 18 and need housing, please contact us at for alternative housing options. Students who are 17 years of age may be assigned to the Residence Halls with parental or guardian permission. Students who are 17 years of age or younger may not live in Bear Creek Apartments. Students 17 years of age or younger who wish to live off campus must have housing arranged by his/her parent or guardian.

Choosing the right type of housing is an important decision. At the IEC, we want to help you explore your options. Some of the factors you should consider in making your housing decision include:

  • What housing options are offered for your IEC program
  • How long you will study at the IEC
  • How close your residence is to the IEC
  • Your dining preferences
  • What you expect from your overall student experience

Living On Campus

You may want to live on campus in the University Residence Hall and eat in the campus dining facilities, or you may want to live in the Bear Creek Apartments and prepare your own meals. The IEC will help you arrange on-campus housing.

Living Off Campus

If you decide to live in off-campus housing, you must make your own arrangements. If you live in Boulder, you can easily take public transportation to the IEC (Boulder Bus Routes). If you choose to live in a neighboring city, such as Louisville, Lafayette, Longmont or Broomfield, you can still take public transportation, but it will take more time to travel to the IEC (Metro Denver Bus Routes).

Special Housing Options

For some programs, the IEC offers hotel packages or homestay arrangement. Please check the specific programs page to see which housing options are available for your program.