CAS is looking into both in-country and virtual internship options for summer 2022 and will make updates as they are available in late fall 2021!
In-Person Program Information; cancelled for 2021
Important Note: This program is subject to public health and travel restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for Education Abroad’s planning and response to the pandemic.
What You Need to Know:
Up to 2-3 interns will be placed within companies in Shanghai in summer 2021. All China internships will run for eight weeks from late May to late July. Common features are listed first, then specific company overviews, eligibility requirements, and job descriptions follow. Please attend an information session or contact Danielle Salaz or Steve Rose (below) with questions.
Program Dates: Thursday, May 27 to Monday, July 26, 2021
Work Dates: Monday, May 31 to Friday, July 23, 2021
Students will be housed in a hotel or short-term apartment in Shanghai. May be single or double occupancy.
Interns will receive up to 6 credits. (Credit available from Asian Studies or Leeds School of Business; subject to requirements of the student’s major and/or College. Other options may be available.)
• Students can apply for Buffs Abroad Scholarships, and may be able to use financial aid.
• Scholarship support available through the Center for Asian Studies, limited to students who have applied for Buffs Abroad Scholarships.
• Please visit the Education Abroad Website for program costs and finances at http://abroad.colorado.edu/?go=programcosts. (Enter Shanghai in city field.)
• Applications are available on the Education Abroad website at http://abroad.colorado.edu/?go=AIPShanghai.
• In addition to the application form, students will need to provide a cover letter, resume, transcript, and statement of purpose.
• Students may be interviewed by the supervisor prior to selection.
• Contact Steve Rose, Assistant Director of Study Abroad, with questions about application procedures or costs: Steven.Rose@colorado.edu.
• Contact Danielle Rocheleau Salaz, Executive Director of the Center for Asian Studies, with questions about internship content or the Asia Internship Program: CAS@colorado.edu.
Links to Specific Internship Information:
NOT UPDATED FOR 2021: dunnhumby (Commercial)
NOT UPDATED FOR 2021: dunnhumby (Data & Tech)
NOT UPDATED FOR 2021: Loyal Valley Capital
You can also check out our Asia Internship Program - Japan information to learn about internships in Japan.