Express Appointments and Office Hours are especially helpful for undergraduate students who
- Want to find the right services for the career questions they have.
- Have questions about using online career technology tools.
- Need assistance with a first or next step with their job/internship plans.
- Have questions about how to build skills or gain professional experience.
- Have questions about salary negotiations or accepting an offer.
Check Buff Portal Advising for express appointment availability. Express appointments happen throughout the week between 9 a.m.–6 p.m. You can schedule an express appointment as soon as the next day, and sometimes for the same day.
- A free service for CU Boulder undergraduate students to check in and consult with a peer career advisor about their career planning.
- No appointment is necessary, show up in the Zoom room and you’ll be seen within 15 minutes.
- Offered virtually on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Monday: 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday: 9-11 a.m.
- Wednesday: 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Friday: 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Master’s and PhD students can attend virtual office hours with Cat Diebel-Wilson. No appointment is necessary for these first-come, first-served drop-ins, suitable for brief questions. Available on Mondays and Thursdays from 3-4 p.m. via Zoom.
Career Advising Appointments
Master’s and PhD students can make 30- or 60-minute one-on-one advising appointments with Cat Diebel-Wilson or any of our career development advisors. These appointments can offer support for long-term career planning including career and self exploration activities, networking and application strategy, interview preparation and salary negotiation, and application material review and tailoring advice. To make an appointment with a career advisor, contact the Career Services front desk via LiveChat or by phone at 303-492-6541 during business hours.