To determine the appropriate level of a language course before enrolling, students with experience in that language are required to take a Language Placement Exam:
- Arabic Placement Exam: Please contact Randa.Muhammed@Colorado.edu.
- Chinese Placement Exam: Please click here to take the Chinese placement exam online.
- Hindi/Urdu Placement Exam: Please contact Rahul.Parson@Colorado.edu.
- Japanese Placement Exam: Please click here to take the Japanese placement exam online.
- Korean Placement Exam: Please click here to take the Korean placement exam online.
CU Boulder students who wish to be exempt from the 3-semester College of Arts & Sciences foreign language requirement must take one of the Foreign Language Achievement Tests (FLATS). The above placement exams cannot be taken in place of FLATS. You cannot earn college credits through the FLATS assessment.