Team Sports Equipment Rental
Outdoor Equipment Rental
Equipment Checkout is located on the lower level of the Rec Center and provides Daily Lock and Towel service, Individual Sport Equipment for daily use, Team Sport Equipment for package sports items or Outdoor Equipment for overnight rental. Checkout also is where large Lost/Found items are stored, and where Court reservations can be made. (Note: Valuable lost items are stored with the Facility Supervisor located behind the back door ID checker, phone 303-492-2652). There is no charge for the daily use of most of our equipment as long as the items are returned by the time the building closes - don't forget to receive confirmation from the staff that all equipment has been returned ; the late fee is $1 per item per day.
For additional service, the Cashiers manages the Locker Rental Program. If you wish to rent a locker for an entire semester or more, you may do so.
- How do I reserve a racquetball, wallyball, handball, squash, badminton, or tennis court?
- Reservations may be made by calling 303-492-6599 or stop by the Equipment Checkout Desk on the lower level of the Recreation Center. Reservations are based on a first come first serve basis. Reservations are taken one day in advance.
- How long can I keep equipment that I check out?
- Most equipment is checked out on a daily basis and must be checked back in by that evening. Rented equipment can go out for multiple days. Group reservations may be made via an IN (Interdepartmental Invoice).
- May I rent a storage locker for the semester?
- Yes. There is a $10 fee for each semester rental of small lockers plus a $5 deposit for the lock and towel. It is convenient because you do not have to wait in line for a lock and towel. Simply exchange the towel for a clean one anytime you like. Day lockers with a lock are also available at no charge. You can now rent a locker for up to 3 semesters at once to save some time.
- What technical level is your Mountain Rental gear tailored?
- Our main objective with our outdoor equipment service is to provide our patrons the equipment necessary to enjoy the outdoors on a recreational basis. For those of you who need more highly technical gear or four-season gear, we suggest that you consult with other private rental services around Boulder. However, our sleeping bags are suited for specialists and beginners alike. Our North Face Sleeping Bags, with temp ratings to -10o, will definitely meet your needs. Our Eureka! Timberline Deluxe Outfitter two-person tent would serve as your best bet for a backpacking tent. This tent model is for three-season use only. Our snowshoes are designed for recreational use.
- Can I reserve Team Sports Equipment and Mountain Rental Items in advance?
- On an individual basis, no. However, if you represent a departmental group or student group, you may reserve equipment after you obtain an interdepartmental invoice (more popularly known as an IN) from your department or the Student Organizations Finance Office (SOFO). Contact the Equipment Services Manager at 303-492-6931 at least seven days prior to the event for sports equipment and the ourdoor program office 303-492-6080 for outdoor equipment. The IN allows you to reserve equipment in advance and it also allows you to reserve however many items you need. This is ideal for fraternity, sorority, and group camping trips.
- How much equipment can I rent out at one time?
- You may rent out only two of any same item at one time. If you need more than two, then you will need other members to rent the additional equipment out with you.
- How long can I keep equipment that I check out?
- Most equipment is checked out on a daily basis and must be checked back in by that evening. Rented equipment can go out for multiple days and will be charged the daily rental rate. Group reservations may be made via an IN (Interdepartmental Invoice).
Members of the Recreation Center may check out equipment using a valid Buff OneCard or membership card. There is no charge for the daily use of most of our equipment as long as the items are returned by the time the building closes; the late fee is $1 per item per day. Patrons are limited to two like items per ID. Hockey equipment is only rented to Rec Center members for use within the building. Hockey gear rental is $4, tax included, per day and the hockey gear late fee is $25 per day after four hours.
Free daily checkout of the following sports equipment:
Badminton Equipment • Basketballs • Bathing Suits • Dodgeballs/Kickballs • Frisbees • Footballs • Jump Ropes • Medicine Balls • Martial art ghis • Racquetball Equipment • Small Hand Weights • Soccer Balls • Speedbags • Ind. Softball Equipment • Squash Equipment • Swim Goggles & Caps • Tennis Equipment • Table Tennis Equipment • Volleyballs • Wallyball Sets
Coin Operated Lockers
Coin operated lockers are available for use outside the free-weight room and next to the indoor running track for $0.25. Personal items can only be stored for the day, to be removed by the time the CU Rec Center closes. There is a $5 charge to retrieve items left overnight. Lost or stolen keys cost $15 to replace.
Please note: certain times may not be available for public use due to Recreation Center classes and/or maintenance.
- May 10th - Hockey Tunnel Lockers Expire
- May 25th- Men's & Women's Storage Locker Expire
- May 28th- Men's & Women's Storage Lockers Need To Be Cleaned Out
- Mid-June - Old Locker Rooms Close
- Mid-June - New Locker Rooms Open!!
- New lockers available when locker rooms open
- June 3 - The Rec Center Will No Longer Provide Locks For Day Use
- August 2013 - Hockey Lockers Will Be Available In The New Ice Rink On A First Come First Serve Basis
Semester Locker Rental Service
To rent a locker for the semester, present your Buff OneCard or membership card to the main cashier on the first floor. You will be given your locker location. You must use the locker assigned to you.
The locker rental fees are:
Small Lockers are $15 per semester
Medium Lockers are $30 per semester
Large Lockers are $60 per semester
Hockey Lockers are $30 per semester. **There will be no Hockey Lockers available during Summer 2013**
Personal items left in the locker after the rental period are held for 30 days after which all unclaimed items are disposed of or donated. You can rent a locker for up to a full year at once to save time.
Rec Center is not responsible for theft, so don't forget to lock your locker!
Coin Operated Lockers
If you work out in the weight room, coin operated lockers are available for use outside this area for $.25. Personal items can only be stored for the day. There is a $5 charge to retrieve items left overnight. Lost or stolen keys cost $15 to replace.
Day Use vs Lockers
Day use lockers are available in the locker rooms at no charge on a first come first serve basis. Members must remove all items in day use locker when they leave the facility.
Personal locks may not be left on day lockers overnight. All locker content must be removed 15 minutes prior to the facility closing.
Day use lockers are impounded at closing each day. Impounded items will be kept for 14 days. After 14 days all items will be donated to charity. A $5.00 fee will be charged to retrieve locker contents.
We also rent team sports equipment. Day-of rentals are on an equipment-available status. Contact the Equipment Services Manager at 303-492-6931 with questions.
Fee-based Overnight Rental Equipment (Camping and Winter Sports):
For those of you who enjoy the outdoors, the Recreation Center is the place to start! Your choice of equipment for the mountains or here on campus, is available at extremely reasonable rates.