(Math, Science, and Engineering only)
The Churchill foundation seeks students of exceptional academic promise in a math, science, or engineering field to study at Churchill College, Cambridge University. They expect students to make new and creative contributions to their fields.
- Campus deadline: August 15 + application to Cambridge by early October
- Final deadline: Early November each year
- Term: One year.
- Amount of support: The Churchill Scholarship is worth between $60,000 and $64,000, depending on the exchange rate. It covers all University and College tuition and fees (currently up to $40,000). In addition, Churchill Scholars receive a living allowance of £11,000 if enrolled in a nine-month academic program, £13,000 if enrolled in a ten-month or full-year academic program. They receive an allowance of up to $1,500 for travel to and from the United Kingdom, $2,000 for additional research travel, and $500 for personal travel abroad.
- Number of scholarships: At least 14 annually.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens
- Applicants must be seniors or recent graduates, but not hold a doctorate
- Applicants must be between the ages of 19 and 26
- Applicants must be nominated by their university
- Applicants must submit a GRE score
The application is both online and hard-copy. There will be a competitive selection process to choose CU’s two candidates. The application includes two short essays. This application requires three letters of recommendation. See the Preliminary Requirements for U.K. application.