Current Undergraduate Degree-Seeking Students

If you're a current degree-seeking undergraduate student who has enrolled in a CU Boulder class within the past two semesters, then you do not need to apply for Summer Session. You may enroll in summer classes through CU Boulder Class Search.

If you have questions about your eligibility to enroll in summer classes or about transferring to a different major, contact your academic advisor.

Current Graduate Degree-Seeking Students

If you’re a current degree-seeking graduate student who enrolled in Spring 2023 coursework at CU Boulder, you do not need to apply for Summer Session.  You may enroll in summer classes through CU Boulder Class Search. Students who applied for a Leave of Absence for the spring semester may also enroll in summer classes.

If you did not enroll in Spring 2023 coursework, nor apply for a Leave of Absence, you will be required to reapply to your graduate program prior to enrolling in any future coursework, including Summer Session. 

Two male students chat on a bench with a female student walks past. The Foothill mountains provide a beautiful backdrop. Current Nondegree and Guest Students

If you're a current nondegree or guest student without an active summer term, you may need to term-activate yourself before you can enroll in summer classes. To do so:

  1. Log in to Buff Portal using your IdentiKey.
  2. On the term activation card, click "Term-activate yourself." 
  3. Select your nondegree program, then click "Select this row."
  4. Click "Continue."
  5. Select the term you'd like to register for, then click "Continue."
  6. Complete the preregistration items, if needed.

You may now add classes to your summer schedule. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Continuing Education Enrollment Services at or 303-492-5148.

Recent Graduates

If you are a Spring 2023 graduate, you can enroll in Summer Session coursework through Buff Portal. Upon degree conferral, any student who has already enrolled in summer coursework will have their record automatically switched over to nondegree status. If you do not enroll in summer coursework prior to degree conferral, you will need to apply as a new nondegree student or submit a new application for admission to pursue another degree. Please note that this may result in changes to your tuition structure and financial aid eligibility.