Current Degree-Seeking Students
If you're a current degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student who has enrolled in a CU Boulder class within the past 12 months, then you do not need to apply for Summer Session. You may enroll in summer classes through CU Boulder Class Search.
If you have questions about your eligibility to enroll in summer classes or about transferring to a different major, contact your academic advisor.
Current Nondegree and Guest Students
If you're a current nondegree or guest student without an active summer term, you will need to term-activate yourself before you can enroll in summer classes. To do so:
- Log in to Buff Portal using your IdentiKey.
- On the term activation card, click "Term-activate yourself."
- Select your nondegree program, then click "Select this row."
- Click "Continue."
- Select the term you'd like to register for, then click "Continue."
- Complete the preregistration items, if needed.
If you receive your degree in May 2022, you may apply to Summer Session as a nondegree student or submit a new application for admission to pursue another degree.