Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and complete all application requirements. Before enrolling in the SLPA Certificate program, applicants must have one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences (SLHS)
- In-progress BA (CU SLHS students can concurrnetly enroll in the last semester of senior year)
- Bachelor's degree in another field plus 24 credits of SLHS leveling coursework
The SLPA Certificate program application includes:
- Transcripts (unofficial) from each college/university attended with proof of 24 credits of undergraduate SLHS coursework
- Logs documenting 25 hours of guided observation with an ASHA-certified SLP (up to 10 hours may be completed during SLPA internship)
|Application Opens||Application Closes*||Acceptance Notices By||Intent to Enroll Deadline||Semester Start**||Semester End**|
|Fall||January 3||April 1||April 15||April 21||August 15||December 15|
|Spring||August 1||October 15||November 1||November 7||January 15||May 15|
*Early applications are encouraged to place students in internship sites.
**See the CU Academic calendar for exact dates.
Certificate Award Dates
Degree seeking students will receive their certificate upon completion of their degree / semester of graduation. Non-degree seeking students will receive their certificate upon completion of the SLPA Certificate program. See the Graduation & Diplomas Calendar for specific dates.
For More Information
Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) Certificate Program
University of Colorado–Boulder
Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences
Boulder, CO 80309-0409