Every year, our office receives questions about how we're identifying confirmed students who've decided not to come to CU Boulder. Here's a summary of our current methods:
- Ongoing: Staff are encouraged to submit a new student cancellation intent form if an incoming student tells them they're not coming to CU. The student receives an email advising them to complete the term change request form on their application status page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mid-summer: The New Student & Family Programs Office (NSFP) emails students who were batch preregistered to tell them they will be billed (sent to pre-CU and CU email addresses). Students not planning to attend are advised as above.
- Early August: NSFP emails students who haven't done any of the following (sent to pre-CU and CU email addresses): checked their CU Boulder email, completed the online experience, signed a housing contract, completed preregistration, or done self-service registration. Students not planning to attend are advised as above.
- Mid-August: Students who still haven't taken action are dropped from their classes.
- Mid-September: Students who aren't enrolled are discontinued.
Our office continues to work with CU departments on other methods to drop/discontinue students who are not planning to attend. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.