Staying Healthy at The Rec
For the month of November, we are highlighting ways for you stay healthy while working out at The Rec:
- Germs spread easily so make sure you wipe down the equipment each time before and after use.
- Checkout a towel and only let one side make contact with equipment.
- Gym equipment carries germs from anyone who used it over the course of the day, so it’s important to wash your hands after every workout.
- Wear flip flops in the shower to avoid foot fungus and the virus that causes plantar warts.
- To get ahead of flu season we are holding free flu shots for CU Boulder students in our wellness suite on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1PM-3PM and Tuesdays from 5PM-7PM.
Every night our weight room staff sanitizes and cleans our facilities, the most important part of this process is what our staff has dubbed the “germinator” a special disinfecting gun that can spray down and clean the entire weight room!