Resource for Boulder Campus Property Managers
Department Property Management Training
- Session I: General Overview
- Hosted by Campus Controller's Office CCO will be February 25, 2020 from 1:30 to 4:30 in the ARCE building room 620. This session covers:
- New inventory system and process, which will be presented at the beginning of the session (so please attend to learn about the new system/process even if you have already completed the DPM trainings).
- New this year, we will also be offering a more in-depth training on Fabrications right after we finish the Department Property Manager training.
- Also covered will be guidelines and best practices relating to purchasing, tagging, inventorying, updating location, transfer, and surplusing capital equipment ($5,000+).
- To register please click the Skillsoft link and enroll. https://universityofcolorado.skillport.com/skillportfe/custom/login/saml/login.action?courseaction=launch&assetid=ilt_A1018
The new site BUFF SURPLUS is here! https://buffsurplus.colorado.edu
- Go here to list your items that your department no longer needs
- Go here to look for items your department could use
- Go here email@example.com to ask questions
Having trouble keeping track of which room your equipment has been moved to - see the Best Practices tab for a helpful poster.
Things to remember!
- Cannot give/sell the item to faculty/staff. CU holds auctions to provide equal opportunity to purchase an item.
- Cannot give/sell directly to a company/person/charity.(see above)
- Cannot allow a transferring PI to take an item without permission from CU and acceptance of the item from the receiving institution.Legally, CU transfers the item to the receiving institution not the PI.
Purchasing/Receiving Capital Equipment
- Fund 30 Sponsor Funded Purchases
- Please use 810100 when purchasing assets >= $5,000. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. ext 2-8030
- CU-Boulder and Fed Fabrication Tag Request Form
- Transfer Tagged asset between departments on campus.
- Transfers from a for-profit entity, treat as a Gift In Kind (GIK) see next item.
- For all GIKs, please start the process by emailing: email@example.com
Tracking/Maintenance of Tagged Equipment
- Change of Location Send email with Tag number & new location to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Change of Status
Cannibalization is when a dept disassembles a tag and uses the pieces for other uses.
Impaired: Equipment no longer used for intended purpose due to reduced functionality.
Office of Contracts & Grants
- Forms Link takes you to OCG's webpage for property.
Property Disposal/Transfers/Donations off campus
- To Dispose, Transfer/Donate or Sell outside of the University; complete the property disposal form.
Would you like 'read only' access to PeopleSoft Asset Management?
PSAM allows you to query your departmental assets to review their tag#, location, funding source, responsible person, etc. It's a great way to manage your assets and reduce your biennial inventory headaches. Contact Andy @ 2-2424 to get you started.
- Email Questions to: email@example.com
- FAQ (under construction)