Resource for Boulder Campus Property Managers
9/9/21 | September Property Q&A Session
Thursday, September 9th, 2021 | 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM | https://cuboulder.zoom.us/j/94888163623
Description: The new Property Q&A session, coordinated by OCG Property Officer, Penny Mathews, is a collaboration between OCG, the Campus Controllers Office, Property Accounting Office and campus partners. Property Q&A sessions will be hosted by a panel of Sponsored Project Specialists, Department Research Administrators and Department Financial Staff who are available to discuss property with anyone on campus who purchases, manages and/or tracks property.
No property knowledge needed to join! Anyone interested in learning about property and networking with others on campus are welcome. The panel is available to provide guidance and answer questions around a variety of topics, including best practices, management of property and equipment purchased with University funds, tracking and tagging, inventory, closeout, disposal process, terms and conditions of sponsor titled and conditionally titled equipment, purchasing in marketplace, fabrications, use of Petty Cash and Gift Cards, campus policies and accounting functions, sponsor obligations related to award property clauses, and financial processes.
Property Q&A will meet quarterly
Registration: Just show up! ( Zoom link above)
The new site BUFF SURPLUS is here! https://buffsurplus.colorado.edu
- Go here to list your items that your department no longer needs
- Go here to look for items your department could use
- Go here email@example.com to ask questions
Having trouble keeping track of which room your equipment has been moved to - see the Best Practices tab for a helpful poster.
Things to remember!
- Cannot give/sell the item to faculty/staff. CU holds auctions to provide equal opportunity to purchase an item.
- Cannot give/sell directly to a company/person/charity.(see above)
- Cannot allow a transferring PI to take an item without permission from CU and acceptance of the item from the receiving institution.Legally, CU transfers the item to the receiving institution not the PI.
Purchasing/Receiving Capital Equipment
- Fund 30 Sponsor Funded Purchases
- Please use 810100 when purchasing assets >= $5,000. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. ext 2-8030
- CU-Boulder and Fed Fabrication Tag Request Form
- Transfer Tagged asset between departments on campus.
- Transfers from a for-profit entity, treat as a Gift In Kind (GIK) see next item.
- For all GIKs, please start the process by emailing: email@example.com
Tracking/Maintenance of Tagged Equipment
- Change of Location Send email with Tag number & new location to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Change of Status
Cannibalization is when a dept disassembles a tag and uses the pieces for other uses.
Impaired: Equipment no longer used for intended purpose due to reduced functionality.
Office of Contracts & Grants
- Forms Link takes you to OCG's webpage for property.
Property Disposal/Transfers/Donations off campus
- To Dispose, Transfer/Donate or Sell outside of the University; complete the property disposal form.
Would you like 'read only' access to PeopleSoft Asset Management?
PSAM allows you to query your departmental assets to review their tag#, location, funding source, responsible person, etc. It's a great way to manage your assets and reduce your biennial inventory headaches. Contact Andy @ 2-2424 to get you started.
- Email Questions to: email@example.com
- FAQ (under construction)